Thursday, November 6, 2008

In the Beginning

In the beginning there was abject fear. Fear for my children and their future, fear for my country and its future. I tried tempering that fear into simple concern as I contemplated the oft stated idea that things are never as good as some have you believe, and never as bad as others portray.

Of course trying to alleviate my fear and pain is natural. At this point I find myself doing anything I can to rid my body of constant pangs of anxiety as I sit and ponder what life will be like in America in 2, 4, 8, 12, and 20 years.
Some of us, sitting in defeat and trying to find a lining held out a glimmer. Any hope is now completely extinguished though, and The Great Change has begun. That's because he made his first official move, and I'm back to fear, just plain scared. Many of us knew that once elected the wolf would come out of his sheep outfit but I had no idea how quickly it would happen.

Of course I'm talking about Barack Obama and his election to the presidency of our great country. And more to the point, I'm talking about his selection of Rahm Emanuel as his chief of staff. By all accounts Emanuel, nicknamed Rahmbo, is anything but bipartisan. He's a scary, single-sided, little-man-syndromed, arm-twister of the worst kind. So Lie Number One has been exposed, and there will be no bipartisan efforts, no move from small minded politics, as Obama so often promised throughout his campaign.

As the New Deal offered by the New Administration comes to life in the form of hundreds of posts filled by hundreds of cronies, all we can do is watch. But I can't just watch, I have to do something. So as a beginning point I offer this blog. The goal here is to simply provide ideas, news, and information related to Obama's moves, to support my belief that our country is faced with even greater peril under his leadership.

As a beginning, I offer the following two articles I read today. The first covers more detail on Emanuel and his selection: Obama's Broken Promise. You may read in most of the media how Rhambo's a centrist. Hardly. Just consider his voting record over the past few years and how anyone can state he's a centrist is beyond absurd.

The second I found even more interesting, as it parallels Tony Blair's rise and fall in Britain, the wake left by his reign, and the dismal state of that failing country:
Preventing National Suicide. I never knew Blair as a radical, mostly because I never researched him and foolishly relied on American media outlets for information. Here he was rarely portrayed as anything but the guy from across the pond that supported Bush's War. If you take anything from this article I hope it is the simplest of points, that the root of the word conservative is conserve. It is this conservation of the American way of life, our history, and our culture that is at risk here, and I pray we all understand the magnitude of that preservation.

2 comments:

Geoffo said...

Very well said. Good links. And welcome to the selfless word of blogging. Keep it up. I'll be listening....

Mac said...

Geoffo gave me a heads up on your blog. Good stuff. I will be reading on a regular basis.

I would like to also point out that Emanuel served on the board of Freddy Mac. Even though he has worked to stay ethical on the issue it has been part of the left's attack machine to rip into anyone on the right who seems even the tiniest bit connected to controversial issues (VP Cheney's tied to Haliburton for example). But with Emanuel's naming there was little to no talk about his involvement with Freddy Mac and the scandal going on when he was a director there.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6201900&page=1